Focus on Design
Future Student Event
Basement Theatre, Melbourne School of Design
Melbourne School of Design
Our Focus on Melbourne information evenings give you the opportunity to explore your study options and choose your pathway to success.
As a student in the new Bachelor of Design, you will use innovative processes to solve problems creatively, and determine solutions for a better future. You will study the application of design to a wide range of contexts, from the macro-level of the metropolis, to the construction of buildings, bridges and landscapes, through to the small-scale of systems and micro-structures.
You will work with internationally recognised scholars and industry professionals. Design studios, site visits, field trips and interactions with industry practitioners will take you into ‘real life’ situations with industry briefs. The Bachelor of Design offers 12 disciplines of study that can be studied as a major or a minor; Architecture, Civil Systems, Computing, Construction, Digital Technologies, Graphic Design, Landscape Architecture, Mechanical Systems, Property, Spatial Systems, Urban Planning and Performance Design.
Hear from current students, academic staff and recent graduates about what it is like to study at Melbourne, how we teach and the career and personal development opportunities available to our graduates.
• Explore majors, breadth options, electives, internships and research opportunities in your chosen faculty
• Map out your pathway to graduate study and career possibilities
• Work out how to see the world while studying overseas
• Enrich your degree with a Concurrent Diploma in an area you’re passionate about
• Hear from current students and staff, and get a glimpse of uni life first hand
• Confirm prerequisite subjects and entry requirements, including for our Special Entry and Access Schemes
Register now to get all your questions answered and make an informed choice.