MLS Student Life at the University of Melbourne
The University is committed to hosting events and activations on its campuses in a COVIDSafe way, in accord with government restrictions and guidelines. Some of our events are presented on campus, others online – be sure to check the details. Find out more about the University’s COVIDSafe plans
Some say climate change isn’t happening or isn’t driven by human activities. Some worry that vaccines cause autism or are a lethal conspiracy. Only two-thirds of people in the USA aged 18-24 believe the Earth is round.
Have you faced difficult conversations on these topics with family or friends? How concerned should we be about the unscientific opinions of social media influencers? If distrust in scientists, governments, and mainstream media is growing, what should we do?
Join the conversation with researchers, and experts in psychology and science communication at this Science Festival event.
- Professor Moira O’Bryan (Host) - Dean, Faculty of Science
- Graham Phillips (Moderator) - Lecturer Science Communications, Faculty of Science
- Professor Margie Danchin (Panelist) - Director Of Clinician-Scientist Pathways, Melbourne Medical School
- Professor Fiona Fidler (Panelist) - Professor Historical and Philosophical Studies, Faculty of Arts
- Dr Jennifer Beckett (Panelist) - Lecturer Media/Marketing Comms, Culture and Communication, Faculty of Arts
- Dr Andrew King (Panelist) - Lecturer In Climate Science, School of Geography, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences